Wednesday, June 3, 2009

long time, have i run out of opinions?? have i lost myself??

Its been almost six months since my last blog and I am ashamed for not being active for the duration. Felt like asking myself "Have I no opinion anymore?". One of the major things which have changed in the past 6 months is that I seem to have lost my knack for reading. I do take in a lot of new information but honestly speaking there has been no drive to really devour any pages. My sweetheart gifted me a wonderful book on my birthday but haven't got around to reading it as yet (whats even sadder is that I left it back in Pune). And the reason for this slacking of is that there is absolutely nothing that is stimulating me internally and intellectually. I do my work well in time and put in my best effort (don't know whether the outcome generated is the desired one or not), but work stays in office. Nothing gets done when I get back home. I have seen my colleagues also doing the same things as me but they are growing as people day in and day out where as I get a feeling of stagnation. Have gotten to know a lot about how the pharma industry works in the past month but then again its all profession based, no personal growth. I just feel like I am wandering. Maybe it is because of a sense of losing myself in this wilderness of corporate pressures (its just GAS jargon but you know what I mean) and loss of focus on whats real. One thing that brings a lot of discipline and focus is exercise and I have already started doing that again after a pretty long hiatus, hope that the paved jogging track at Shivaji Park will lead me back. I should just bite the bullet and jump start my life again. I am getting back bit by bit and to my relief I found out that meeting family and friends and doing what is closest to your heart helps. Having ajji over on the weekend really helped and so did just picking up a book and reading a few pages. Having a chatty night out with friends also shed a lot of light on the person I had become and then I had that eureka moment. I need people I love and care for around me. I need those late night phone conversations with a certain special some one. I need to touch base every now and then. I need my college friends and that chaos. And I also need a routine with exercise forming a part of it. This revelation just made just made somethings very clear, in order to sustain your true sense of identity all you have to do is think straight and simple. Its those small tweaks that matter in the long scheme of things. I am hoping this is an interesting read (I am pretty sure it will be boring), but guess what? I am on my way back.... and I still have an opinion.

1 comment:

Ketki Joshi said...

I loved it...
And I love you :)